coil, enamel insulated wire cross section, two thumbtacks, a piece of wood, two paper clips and a wire about two meters
After your learning about the simple knowledge, to produce a small motor with the fastest speed by using those items only add a section battery is a quite simple activity.
1. Wound the copper wire into a 2-cm-diameter circular coil( Fig 1). The smaller the diameter, the faster the speed of the motor.
2. Try to close the turns of the circular coil. If possible, please cut a few small wire to tie the coil together.
3. Make the paper clip into a bracket to prop up the coil, and fix the paper clip and coil to the board with push pins. Then to supply power for the whole coil circuit by connecting the battery at the both ends of the paper clip. (Fig. 1)
4. The paper clip is free to bent for the end of the coil is casually taken on the two paper clips.
5. Remove the dielectric at the ends of the copper wire.
6. Put the two magnets on the bottom of the coil to construct field, or you can choose another magnetic structure.
7. Connect the battery terminals to the clips, your motor is starting to rotate.
About the simple knowledge on DIY servo motor, I would like to show you a note to catch your attention. If you put all of the wire insulated media away, the coil will not continuously rotate, because the torque in a rotating cycle will reverse. There is a simple solution, that is only making the insulated media half-cleared. Carefully think about which part of the coil plane should be chosen for your field structure!
We can also solve the simple problem of the discontinuous rotation of the coil by using a commutator. The advantage of using a commutator is that the current exists all the time. But the commutator is not without drawbacks. Firstly It is not easy to make the commutator, and secondly the resistance can not be ignored, there is likely to be the root cause of the failure of the entire experiment.
Right: enamel insulated wire cross section( Dielectric)
Based on the simple knowledge being talked above, you also meet some problems you cannot solve, please do not hesitate to contact us!